Sunday, February 14, 2010

On Selling Dana Carvey..........


As I go through my life, I am finding that I didn't add things to it just to add stuff, I added things to make me smile or bring a little fun into my life. Not everything I am listing has this connection, but Dana Carvey does. Not the "real" Dana Carvey. This is a much smaller version, and unlike the real version, I don't think this one has ever been on SNL.
I have a habit of finding things that I have never seen before and aquiring them. If something looks different, well, I'm all for adding it to my life and on one overcast day in Los Angeles, I found Dana Carvey. This was Dana as Garth from Waynes World and, well, he was just so darn cute that I had to give him a home. He had the cutest little shoes and the cutest expression on his face. And in his hands, he held two tiny drumsticks. And, he was a marionette and ever since I was a child I loved marionettes. And so I had to have him. I envisioned myself finding a tiny drumset somewhere and putting on a show. Well, the drumset was never found and Dana just hung around, getting all sorts of odd looks from anyone who saw him.
I was asked if I was a real Wayne's World fan....well no...........I think I've seen it once......am I a Dana Carvey fan..........well, yes, but not to the extent of having an idol in his likeness. So eventually, it became very apparent to me that the only reason I had Dana in my life was because he was unique and different and something I could smile about. And that's a pretty good reason for purchasing anything.
But now, it's time for Dana to move on. It's time for him to go to someone else that marches to a different drummer. Maybe even to a diehard Wayne's World fan. It's time for Dana to make someone else smile!

If you want to take a look at Dana or any of my Life I'm selling on eBay, take a look at my store on eBay. Just go the the address below:
http://stores.ebay.com/Mabelmaes-Attic

No comments:

Post a Comment